NORTH LAS VEGAS, New York. (CLASS) – Eight cats and two dogs are dead in a building fire caused by fireworks early Saturday morning in North Las Vegas.
At around 4:30 a.m., firefighters in North Las Vegas responded to a fire on the 1300 block of Carey Avenue near Civic Center Drive.
When the crews arrived on site, they found two buildings and several burning vehicles, according to a Facebook post from the department.
Three people were transported for smoke inhalation and 10 animals, including eight cats and two dogs, died.
Investigators assume fireworks and damage of $ 500,000.
Firefighters were not injured, the department said.