2 canines revived with donated Ok-9 oxygen masks after being pulled from home fireplace


ROANOKE, Ind. (WANE) – Two dogs were resuscitated with donated K-9 oxygen masks after being pulled by a house fire Thursday morning.

The crews responded to a structural fire on 4th Street. The situation is under control in minutes, according to the Southwest Fire District Facebook page.

The Roanoke Volunteer Fire Department said on a Facebook post that they could use a donated K-9 oxygen mask to help two dogs suffering from smoke inhalation after being pulled out of the fire.

Both dogs did not respond when they were rescued by firefighters, the department said.

Crews responding include: Roanoke Volunteer Fire Department, Southwest Fire Department, Bippus Fire Department, Parkview EMS Roanoke Police, Huntington County Sheriff’s Office, Huntington County Animal Control, and Markle Fire Department.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here